12 PM Sunday Update – Dane County Flooding
August 26, 2018
Brent S. Kyzer-McHenry 608-443-6096
Watershed Water Flows
- The water flow volumes moving out of the Yahara watershed now exceed incoming levels from the north watershed areas.
- Dane County Land & Water resources has completed a substantial clean-up of debris in the Yahara river areas to improve flow and increase water volumes. They will continue to work in other problem areas as needed.
- Water flows have reduced to below the peak flow of 330,000 gallons per minute at last measurement.
United Way 2-1-1 – DAMAGE REPORTING
- As of yesterday, the United Way’s 2-1-1 reported receiving more than 1200 individual reports of private property damage from Dane County. Please be sure to report damage as soon as possible.
- Other agencies are collecting damage assessments, but 2-1-1 reporting is essential. – REPORTING IS AVAILABLE BY PHONE OR ONLINE
- Many communities have limited reports on file. These are essential for additional assistance.
Red Cross Shelters
- Mazomanie Elementary School (CLOSED AS OF THIS MORNING)
- Madison West High School (STILL OPEN)
- Hwy 14 (Middleton to Cross Plains) – NOW OPEN
Previous Important Information:
Remaining Road Closures & Detours
- Hwy 14 bridge west of Black Earth approaches washed out
- CTH J (Old Military Rd to CTH S)
- CTH G (CTH J to Marsh Lane)
- A Detour has been set up in Sauk County detouring traffic from Hwy 14 to Hwy 60 to Hwy 12.
- A Detour has been set up in Iowa County detouring traffic from Hwy 14 to Hwy 60 to Hwy 12.
Lake Access / Slow – No Wake
- Due to increasing lake levels and substantial amounts of floating debris, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office is requesting boaters to avoid Dane County lakes over the weekend. A strict slow – no wake restricting is in effect.
Additional Sandbagging Resources
- The County has received an additional sandbagging machine which has been assembled will arrive at approximately 5:00 p.m. and will deployed to areas in need.
Want to Volunteer?
- We are requesting that volunteers not self-dispatch to locations. Sign-up to volunteer at www.redcross.org
Want to Donate?
- Do not bring unsolicited items to municipalities. Consider a donation to the Red Cross, so that resources can be appropriately distributed where needed. www.redcross.org